Even though you can’t seem to find the love of your life, that dizzy roller coaster of emotions that comes about from that first kiss with someone new to the bottomless pit of despair when the affair ends is something you just have to have. It’s certainly better than the in-between state of being dateless and feeling nothing. At least that’s what you keep telling yourself. Besides, there’s always someone else just around the corner to use to fill up your empty void.
You should be aware that as long as you keep taking on Mr. Temporary, chances of you finding Mr. Right are slim to none. It’s very possible that you may be addicted to having a love of some sort in your life at all times. If that’s the case, there are ways to recognize it and deal with it. As with every addiction, the first step is admitting you have a problem.
Run down the following check list and see if any of these fit you:
- It doesn’t take a lot for you to instantly feel chemistry and physical attraction for someone. Following this, you’re immediately “in love” with that person.
- You just know this is The One and you push for a commitment within a month’s time of just starting to date.
- The reality of a one-night stand escapes you. Instead, he’s your new boyfriend before you even fix him breakfast.
- All of your friends know about your new boyfriend within 24 hours of the first date. Yes, you may know Mr. Right immediately. However, if this is something you’ve done at least three times in a six month time frame, you may want to step back and take a harder look at yourself.
- You spend a lot of time reading bridal magazines and have your wedding all planned out even though you have no husband prospects.
- After only a few dates, you bring him home to meet your family while also pushing him to introduce his to you.
- Even after the break up, you spend all your spare time listening to sad love songs and crying. You even love this part of love because it helps you feel something.
- Whenever you spend time with the girls, you must have a romantic interest to tell them all about.
- It’s necessary for you to jump from one relationship directly into another one before you’ve had time to process the ending of the last one. You must have a relationship in your life because you crave being in love and having someone to think and talk about.
If you’re addicted to love, don’t give up hope. It’s totally possible to rid yourself of this addiction and find the real love you truly want. Take a step back and honestly review your dating patterns.
Make a list of the traits you want to have in a partner. Then commit to taking things slow before opening your heart to someone. While it may not be the easiest thing you’ve ever done, it will be worth it in the end.