Many times, women develop crushes or totally fall in love with their male best friends. Since it’s very possible that your friend adores you on some level, at the same time, he would probably be shocked to find out that you had feelings for him that went beyond those of friendship. Therefore, it’s better to have an idea of how he really feels for you before professing your undying love for him.
There are some simple ways to tell if you should keep quiet and find a real boyfriend or not:
- It’s funny to him every time his parents ask when the two of you are going to start dating for real.
- He asks you to be his “plus 1” date for a wedding because he can’t find a “real” date to go with him.
- He tends to come to you for relationship advice.
- If you go to see a movie together, he likes to keep an empty seat between you so that you’ll both have more space.
- He asks for your help in editing his profile for an online dating site.
- He calls you by your last name a lot, just like the buddy you are.
- When you wear a low cut top, he never even notices your cleavage.
- He introduces you as his best friend or his sister.
- He finds one of your girlfriends hot and asks you to set him up with her.
- His bathroom habits are an open book to you and he doesn’t try to hide anything from you.
- He’s constantly checking out other girls right in front of you.
- He makes sure that pictures of the two of you on social networking sites don’t lead to the impression that you’re together.
- He gets a brand new puppy and honors you by naming it after you.
As you can see, these are pretty obvious ways to tell that he’s not sharing your feelings of a romantic love and a chance of a real relationship. If you’re experiencing any or all of these signs with your best guy friend, chances are you won’t be choosing a wedding dress anytime soon. In fact, it’s probably better if you just keep your feelings to yourself and maybe keep your distance from him for a while until you can get control of your feelings.
Now, if you’re looking at this list and thinking that those signs don’t mean anything, that he could still fall in love with you, certainly it can happen. But usually it doesn’t happen off of the big silver screen or one of those chick flick Lifetime movies. However, if you’re so determined that you won’t know the true answer until you tell him how you feel, go for it. Just be prepared for him to be really uncomfortable and to feel kind of awful yourself.
It’s truly better to kind of hint around at things in this situation rather than come fully clean and speaking from the heart. In that way, no one gets embarrassed and your friendship is still intact.