During the holidays and other special days throughout the year can cause you to lose sight of the most important things. While running around like a screaming banshee, you may find it’s hard to slip in just a minute or two for yourself, let along your long suffering partner. However, neglecting this very important relationship may cause both of you to just feel burned out and less than filled with the spirit of the season.
The first thing you need to do is stop, take a deep breath and prioritize. Make things easier on yourself as well as your partner. Take a little extra time to pay some special attention to him or her and you’ll probably get as much as you give.
Try some of these treats to make your honey feel special:
- Full body massage: Nothing says I love you like an all hands on deck full body massage. Set the scene with aromatherapy candles and awesome music. Your baby should have no doubt of your feelings.
- Do your honey’s chores: If you find that you’ve got some extra time during your busy schedule surprise your partner by doing his or her domestic duties along with yours. The gift of free time is a terrific way to show you care.
- Show your appreciation: With so many things going on around you, it’s so easy to take your partner for granted. If this goes on for too long, it can ruin your relationship. That’s why it’s a great idea to make sure that your partner knows how much you love him or her and why.
- Cook a surprise breakfast: This may not seem like such a big deal, but if you rarely do it, then it’s special when you do. Get up first and put together a quick and easy breakfast that you serve to your beloved in bed. Then you can hop back in bed and join him or her.
- Flirt shamelessly with your partner: A hectic schedule may take some of the spontaneity and romance out of your relationship. That’s why it’s a good idea to find something to keep your partner interested. Leave flirty notes around home, send some steamy text messages and orchestrate some sultry looks across the dinner table. You can add a game of “footsie” under the table.
- Plan and book a trip: You may find that you simply need to just get away together. Plan a long weekend away for the two of you. Sometimes it just takes escaping totally and turning off the cell phones to show your honey how much this relationship means to you. Make it fun and kidnap your partner. Pack for both of you and just show up to whisk him or her away.
If you try any or all of these things, you can bet that your holidays will be a lot more loving even if they aren’t really less hectic. At least your partner will know in no uncertain terms just how you feel and that’s what counts.