If you’re in a relationship with a passive aggressive man, you probably already know it. In case you’re still wondering, the passive aggressive guy is the one that avoids responsibility and conflict by being passive and withdrawing. He’s the “nice” man that reeled you in with his adoration, but once he’s landed you, things change so fast you’ll go cross eyed until you decide to get out of the situation.
- A passive aggressive man withholds punishment until he’s ready to dole it out. Suppose you ask him to take you to a movie you want to see. He’s agreeable enough and seems to even have fun. However, later that night, he turns you down for sex because he really didn’t want to go to the movie but was too passive to say so.
- He’ll do anything to avoid conflict and this includes arguing with you. It’s ingrained in his mind that arguing is unacceptable and he simply won’t do it. Instead, he’ll avoid solving any relationship issues, as well as avoid taking any responsibility for relationship problems, and will not make an intimate connection with you.
- The passive aggressive man constantly sees himself as the victim in his head. He just can’t seem to win for losing. On top of that, it’s always someone else’s fault when something bad happens to him. He takes no responsibility for his actions.
- He’s forgetful and will always forget things that are important to you. This includes your birthday, your anniversary or any special event that you’ve told him about because he needs to be your escort. Instead, you’ll sit and wait for him to present you with at least a birthday card that never comes.
- A passive aggressive man is actually afraid of you. He’s so afraid of making you angry enough to leave that he will never argue with you nor disagree with you on the surface. He doesn’t want to feel dependent on you so he’ll fight it by trying to control you, instead. It’s weird that you can be so angry at such a nice man that really doesn’t treat you so badly. There must be something wrong with you if he doesn’t want to have sex with you or he forgets your birthday.
The trap that women fall into with passive aggressive men is that they always do things for you when they don’t want to, don’t argue, and by being such a nice guy. This is how he keeps you at their side. You become responsible for everything that’s wrong in the relationship; not him. That’s why the behavior makes you crazy. These men are always cool, calm and collected, even when you want them to argue with you.
If you’re in a relationship with a passive aggressive man and want it to work out, then you need to become a mind reader and have low expectations of both the man and the relationship. You’ll never get more than this man is willing and able to give you, and that’s never going to be enough.